PyLotRO Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Black Load-Up Screen

Hi,

I installed LOTRO through the SOA CD's I had laying around (I played the first year it came out on my old PC). I used the C4P installer to install PyLotro, and let it patch. It says it was finished after patching for a few hours (I downloaded patchclient2.dll from a website listed from a different thread to patch). I then tried to start the game. Log-in was fine, but then the output window came up, and I got a black screen. I eventually cmd-Q'ed out of it, and tried downloading the 10 teleport screens, going into regedit and making two String Values, one DirectDrawRenderer and VideoMemorySize (something along those lines), and set the Renderer to OpenGL and the VideoMemorySize to 256 (mine is 256 MB).

I keep getting the black screen when I try to log-in though. I'm inexperienced when it comes to Macs, so can anyone help me? Is it just because my Macbook Pro doesn't have good enough hardware?

Thanks in advance

Can you please repost in the section for LotRO, this section is for problems/issues with PyLotRO the replacement launcher for use with LotRO and DDO.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE1NzkzNDc5LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZmFDcnc2MjMyNXZQeXRWeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9